Monthly Archives: July 2013
8 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced in half crosswise
1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 1/2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
2 teaspoons oregano, minced
1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon thyme, minced
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Gently scoop seeds from tomato halves. Set aside.
3. Place breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, oregano, rosemary, and thyme in a small mixing bowl and toss together. Add melted butter and stir together until mixture is completely coated in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Fill and top each tomato with about 3 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place each stuffed tomato into 2-12″ Dutch Ovens and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tomatoes soften and top have turned golden brown.
6. Allow tomatoes to cool for 5 minutes and serve.