Monthly Archives: June 2016
1. 1 pkg (2-layer size) devils’ food chocolate cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines) AND according ingredients
2. 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate (Use a good baking chocolate bar! I used Ghiradelli)
3. 1/4 cup butter
4. 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
5. 1/2 cup sugar
6. 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
7. 12 Oreo cookies, crushed (a few extra to break-up over cake)
1. Bake cakes, as directed on package in 2 (9-inch) spring form pans on 2 trivets in dutch ovens. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes and invert onto wire racks. Gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Gently stir in thawed Cool Whip and crushed cookies. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread top with chocolate glaze. If glaze becomes too thick, microwave on high 20-30 seconds or until desired consistency. Break up some cookies and place on top. Let stand until firm. Keep refrigerated.