- 2 pounds Pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon Ground sage
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic; crushed
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Rub over tenderloin. Place ½ cup water in Dutch Oven place tenderloin in Dutch Oven
- Cook at 325 F 1 to 1 1/2 hours. ( I used a remote temp probe to watch internal temp)
- 45 mins before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, soy sauce.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last 30 mins of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust: add more glaze, add more heat to the top for 2-5 minutes until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side
1 cup plus 1 tsp Vegetable oil
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 cup onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 (15-ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 (11-ounce) can Mexicorn
1 to 2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
12 ounces shredded chicken
10 (8 inch) corn (not flour) tortillas cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a 12 inch dutch oven, heat oil. Add carrots, celery, onions,garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, corn,chili powder, cumin, chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 mins, stirring occasionally.
In a skilled add the cup of oil and heat oil and fry the cut tortillas until crispy.
After soup has simmered for 45 mins add sour cream and 1 1/4 cup of chesse, stir until chesse is melted and mixed.
Serve with left over cheese and cilantro and tortillas on the side so people can add what they want.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Preheat dutch oven oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Can use a cast iron or metal pie plate
Beat eggs until frothy; add butter, sugar and flour. Beat until smooth.
Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and nutmeg; pour into pie shell.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until center is firm
Our fall DOG is Nov 2 at Powhatan State Park at site 4 in the campground. You dont have to camp but the park might charge to get into park if coming for the day. Dinner is at 4:30 pm so Pots on the table at 4:30. You can come and cook at site 4 if coming for the day.