Our fall DOG is Nov 2 at Powhatan State Park at site 4 in the campground. You dont have to camp but the park might charge to get into park if coming for the day. Dinner is at 4:30 pm so Pots on the table at 4:30. You can come and cook at site 4 if coming for the day.
2019 National Dutch Oven Gathering Golden Spoon
2 lb Chicken Strips (thawed)
4 Tbsp oil
2 pkg Taco Seasoning
2 can Diced Tomatoes
2/3 cup Apricot Preserves
1. Empty Taco Seasoning onto a plate or into a plastic bag. Toss or otherwise coat the Chicken Strips
2. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add Chicken and sauté 5 -7 minutes or until done
3. Stir in Tomatoes and Preserves. Simmer at low / med heat until it thickens. Add any left over Taco Seasoning for added flavor
2 Cups of Original Bisquick mix
1/3 cup finely chopped strawberry
1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream ( might need more if to dry)
About 1 tablespoon milk
About 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 425. Grease inside the dutch oven. Stir Bisquick mix, Strawberries, chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons of sugar, the whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with bisquick mix; gently roll in bisquick mix to coat. Shape in to a ball; knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8 inch circle, brush with milk; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully separate wedges.
1 cup oil
2 cups of sugar
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup broken pecans ( optional)
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup butterscotch chips
Mix oil, eggs, and sugar in large bowl. Sift dry ingredients and add to oil mixture. Stir in apples and nuts and mix well. Batter will be stiff. ( might need a few drops of water if needed). Spread in greased 12″ dutch oven. Sprinkle
butterscotch chips on top of cake. Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes.
4 hot dog buns, cut in 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup miniature marshmallows
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
5 graham crackers, coarsely crushed (about 1/2 cup)
2 Tblsp milk
Prepare hot dog pieces by leaving uncovered for several hours to dry and crisp or by baking in 325 degree oven for 7 minutes.
Lightly oil or spray 10 inch dutch oven; line with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
In medium bowl lightly beat eggs.
Stir in sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup milk, vanilla and nutmeg; set aside.
Place bun pieces in prepared dutch oven.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each of the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Evenly pour milk mixture over all.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.
Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the remaining marshmallows.
Bake 5 minutes more or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
In small saucepan heat and whisk remaining 1/4 cup of marshmallows, remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 2 Tblsp milk over low heat until melted and smooth.
Drizzle over bread pudding.
Cool 20 minutes before serving.
Serve warm, makes 9 servings.