1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Preheat dutch oven oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Can use a cast iron or metal pie plate
Beat eggs until frothy; add butter, sugar and flour. Beat until smooth.
Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and nutmeg; pour into pie shell.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until center is firm
Our fall DOG is Nov 2 at Powhatan State Park at site 4 in the campground. You dont have to camp but the park might charge to get into park if coming for the day. Dinner is at 4:30 pm so Pots on the table at 4:30. You can come and cook at site 4 if coming for the day.
2019 National Dutch Oven Gathering Golden Spoon
2 lb Chicken Strips (thawed)
4 Tbsp oil
2 pkg Taco Seasoning
2 can Diced Tomatoes
2/3 cup Apricot Preserves
1. Empty Taco Seasoning onto a plate or into a plastic bag. Toss or otherwise coat the Chicken Strips
2. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add Chicken and sauté 5 -7 minutes or until done
3. Stir in Tomatoes and Preserves. Simmer at low / med heat until it thickens. Add any left over Taco Seasoning for added flavor
2 Cups of Original Bisquick mix
1/3 cup finely chopped strawberry
1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream ( might need more if to dry)
About 1 tablespoon milk
About 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 425. Grease inside the dutch oven. Stir Bisquick mix, Strawberries, chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons of sugar, the whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with bisquick mix; gently roll in bisquick mix to coat. Shape in to a ball; knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8 inch circle, brush with milk; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully separate wedges.