1 lb ground beef
1 15oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 15oz can golden hominy, rinsed and drained
1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
1 11 oz can condensed nacho cheese soup
1 cup water
1 1 1/4 oz envelope taco seasoning mix
1. Cook ground beef until brown and brown. rinse off fat
2. Stir in beans,hominy, undrained tomatoes, nacho cheese soup, water, and seasoning. Bring to boiling, stirring often; reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
•5 Russet potatoes
•8 slices thick-cut bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
•2 jalapeno (diced)
•1 large yellow onion (sliced)
•2 tablespoons minced garlic
•seasoned salt and pepper
•3 – 4 cups lemon-lime soda (7-up, Sprite, etc.)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 11 x 13 casserole dish.
2. Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices and place in cold water. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until begins to brown. Add in the jalapeños, onion and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the bacon is three-quarters done and the vegetables soften. Remove from the heat.
4. Drain the water from the potatoes. Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Cover with half of the bacon mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Repeat using the remaining ingredients. Pour the soda over the mixture until it reaches about half-way up the dish.
5. Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and stir. Replace the foil and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes more, or until the potatoes are tender. Season again, if desired. Serve hot.
Cover the dish will help keep the liquid from boiling out, but if needed you can add more liquid while baking if the potatoes do not have enough moisture to soften.
This recipes comes from Chuck Wagon Chef Kent Rollins. http://www.kentrollins.com/
We will be having our Summer DOG at James River State Park in the Campground on Sept 10 and Dinner will be at 5 pm. Some will be camping Sept 9-11. You can camp or come for the day. Hope to see you there!!!!!!!<
We will be having our Fall DOG at Chippokes Plantation State Park in the Campground on Nov 5 and Dinner will be at 4:30 pm. Some will be camping Nov 4-6. You can camp or come for the day. Hope to see you there!!!!!!!<
1/2 cup white sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain all purpose flour
3 oz of chocolate chips
3 oz of Reese’s cup chips
1 cup of nuts(pecans or walnuts)
1 store bought pie shell
Mix all ingredients together and put into a store bought pie shell. bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Pie should be golden brown but jiggle a tad in the center. It will set when it cools. The pie is very rich!!!!!!!