2019 National Dutch Oven Gathering Golden Spoon
2 lb Chicken Strips (thawed)
4 Tbsp oil
2 pkg Taco Seasoning
2 can Diced Tomatoes
2/3 cup Apricot Preserves
1. Empty Taco Seasoning onto a plate or into a plastic bag. Toss or otherwise coat the Chicken Strips
2. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add Chicken and sauté 5 -7 minutes or until done
3. Stir in Tomatoes and Preserves. Simmer at low / med heat until it thickens. Add any left over Taco Seasoning for added flavor
2 Cups of Original Bisquick mix
1/3 cup finely chopped strawberry
1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream ( might need more if to dry)
About 1 tablespoon milk
About 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 425. Grease inside the dutch oven. Stir Bisquick mix, Strawberries, chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons of sugar, the whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with bisquick mix; gently roll in bisquick mix to coat. Shape in to a ball; knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8 inch circle, brush with milk; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully separate wedges.
1 cup oil
2 cups of sugar
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup broken pecans ( optional)
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup butterscotch chips
Mix oil, eggs, and sugar in large bowl. Sift dry ingredients and add to oil mixture. Stir in apples and nuts and mix well. Batter will be stiff. ( might need a few drops of water if needed). Spread in greased 12″ dutch oven. Sprinkle
butterscotch chips on top of cake. Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes.
2 cups of milk
½ teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 loaf French or Italian bread, sliced
½ pound butter (2 sticks)
2 ½ cups of brown sugar, tightly packed
3 (16 oz) can peaches, drained and quartered
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes using 21 coals on top and 11 briquettes under the oven.
- While oven is warming, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium-size bowl.
- Place bread slices into egg mixture to soak.
- Move oven away from the bottom coals and remove the lid.
- Melt butter in heated oven. Blend brown sugar into the melted butter.
- Once sugar-butter turns light brown, place drained peaches into the caramel.
- Spread egg soaked bread on top of peaches.
- Return lid to oven and place back over coals.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, refreshing coals if required. Occasionally check bread mixture to ensure that the edges don’t burn.
Serves: 10-12 14” dutch oven for this dish.