2 Cups of Original Bisquick mix
1/3 cup finely chopped strawberry
1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream ( might need more if to dry)
About 1 tablespoon milk
About 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 425. Grease inside the dutch oven. Stir Bisquick mix, Strawberries, chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons of sugar, the whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with bisquick mix; gently roll in bisquick mix to coat. Shape in to a ball; knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8 inch circle, brush with milk; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully separate wedges.
2 cups of milk
½ teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 loaf French or Italian bread, sliced
½ pound butter (2 sticks)
2 ½ cups of brown sugar, tightly packed
3 (16 oz) can peaches, drained and quartered
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes using 21 coals on top and 11 briquettes under the oven.
- While oven is warming, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium-size bowl.
- Place bread slices into egg mixture to soak.
- Move oven away from the bottom coals and remove the lid.
- Melt butter in heated oven. Blend brown sugar into the melted butter.
- Once sugar-butter turns light brown, place drained peaches into the caramel.
- Spread egg soaked bread on top of peaches.
- Return lid to oven and place back over coals.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, refreshing coals if required. Occasionally check bread mixture to ensure that the edges don’t burn.
Serves: 10-12 14” dutch oven for this dish.
1 CUP SUGAR
6 TABLESPOONS FLOUR
8 TABLESPOONS BAKING COCO (UNSWEETENED)
DASH OF SALT
4 CUPS OF MILK
16 TABLESPOONS BUTTER
MIX THE FIRST 4 INGREDIENTS AND ADD TO A 3QT DUTCH OVEN OR LARGER. ADD THE MILK AND BUTTER. HEAT OVER COALS, STIR CONSTANTLY UNTIL GRAVEY IS THICK. SERVE HOT OVER BISCUITS OR ANYTHING!!!!!!!
THANK YOU TO KEITH AND JUDY MURLOCK FOR THE RECIPE!!!!!!!!
Egg mixture ingredients:
• 1 dozen eggs
• 2 cups milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 1 loaf of French or Italian bread, sliced
• 1/2 pound butter or margarine
• 1 pound brown sugar
• 3 one-pound cans of peaches, drained and quartered
Heat a large Dutch oven by covering it with coals for 15 minutes.
Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Slice the bread and let it soak in the egg mixture.
Remove preheated oven from coals and melt butter in the bottom. Add brown sugar and mix well with butter until caramelized. Put the drained peaches over the caramelized sugar. Place the egg-bread mixture on top of the peaches, cover with lid, and return the Dutch oven to the coals.
Bake 45 minutes at about 350 degrees (medium hot coals). (Cooking time is shorter if the temperature is higher, but watch the edges so they don’t burn.) For the first 10 minutes, use coals on the bottom only. Then add coals to the oven top and continue baking until done. With the caramel topping, you probably won’t even need syrup.
Option: Try substituting 3 pounds sliced bananas for peaches.