1 cup oil
2 cups of sugar
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup broken pecans ( optional)
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup butterscotch chips
Mix oil, eggs, and sugar in large bowl. Sift dry ingredients and add to oil mixture. Stir in apples and nuts and mix well. Batter will be stiff. ( might need a few drops of water if needed). Spread in greased 12″ dutch oven. Sprinkle
butterscotch chips on top of cake. Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ cup hot water
- Preheat dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into 10 inch dutch oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, light brown sugar. Stir with a fork or whisk to mix.
- Pour in milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the dutch oven.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients: light brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix with fork until combined. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Pour hot water over the entire cake, make sure you are covering the entire cake evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
1/2 cup white sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain all purpose flour
3 oz of chocolate chips
3 oz of Reese’s cup chips
1 cup of nuts(pecans or walnuts)
1 store bought pie shell
Mix all ingredients together and put into a store bought pie shell. bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Pie should be golden brown but jiggle a tad in the center. It will set when it cools. The pie is very rich!!!!!!!
1. 1 pkg (2-layer size) devils’ food chocolate cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines) AND according ingredients
2. 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate (Use a good baking chocolate bar! I used Ghiradelli)
3. 1/4 cup butter
4. 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
5. 1/2 cup sugar
6. 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
7. 12 Oreo cookies, crushed (a few extra to break-up over cake)
1. Bake cakes, as directed on package in 2 (9-inch) spring form pans on 2 trivets in dutch ovens. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes and invert onto wire racks. Gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Gently stir in thawed Cool Whip and crushed cookies. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread top with chocolate glaze. If glaze becomes too thick, microwave on high 20-30 seconds or until desired consistency. Break up some cookies and place on top. Let stand until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Cinnamon-Apple Bread Pudding
1 loaf cinnamon swirl bread, cubed
2 c milk
4 eggs beaten
1 c applesauce
1 c sugar
2 T vanilla extract
¼ butter melted
Place bread cubes in a large bowl and pour in milk, let stand a few minutes until moistened. In separate bowl combine eggs, applesauce, sugar, vanilla, and spices. Drizzle melted butter over bread mixture: toss lightly. Add egg mixture to bread mixture and stir well. Let stand for 10 mintes. Place mixture in a butters 12” dutch oven Bake at 350 for 45 mins until golden and a knife tip inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool
18 oz container caramel apple dip
¼ c half and half
Place apple dip with half and half in a small sauce pan cook over low heat until warm and smooth add a litte more half and half to thicken up
Recipe came from Gooseberry Patch Autumn with Family and Friends cookbook. It was modified for the dutch oven.