2 cups of milk
½ teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 loaf French or Italian bread, sliced
½ pound butter (2 sticks)
2 ½ cups of brown sugar, tightly packed
3 (16 oz) can peaches, drained and quartered
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes using 21 coals on top and 11 briquettes under the oven.
- While oven is warming, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium-size bowl.
- Place bread slices into egg mixture to soak.
- Move oven away from the bottom coals and remove the lid.
- Melt butter in heated oven. Blend brown sugar into the melted butter.
- Once sugar-butter turns light brown, place drained peaches into the caramel.
- Spread egg soaked bread on top of peaches.
- Return lid to oven and place back over coals.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, refreshing coals if required. Occasionally check bread mixture to ensure that the edges don’t burn.
Serves: 10-12 14” dutch oven for this dish.
1- lb ground beef
1- 15oz can pintos beans, rinsed and drained
1- 15oz can golden hominy, rinsed and drained
1- 14 1/2oz can diced tomatoes (can be plain or for more spice green chile peppers) undrained
1- 11oz can condensed Nacho cheese soup
1- cup water
1- 1 1/4oz envelope taco seasoning mix
corn chips (optional)
Sour Cream (optional)
1. In a 10 inch dutch oven cook ground beef until brown and drain off fat.
2. Stir in beans, hominy, undrained tomatoes, nacho cheese soup, water, and taco seasoning. Bring to boiling, stir often:
1 lb Macaroni
5 cup Shredded cheese ( always good with more cheese)
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Mustard
1/2 t Ground Black Pepper
2 cup Milk
1 cup Sour Cream
Cook Macaroni. When Tender, drain and pour in Dutch Oven.
Melt Butter in large sauce pan.
Stir in Black Pepper, Salt, and Mustard.
Pour in Milk and Sour Cream.
Mix in Flour.
Stir in 4 cups of cheese and mix well.
Combine with Noodles in Dutch Oven
Sprinkle Remaining Cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for 30-45 min until all bubbly and lightly brown
1 Tbs – Olive Oil
1 1/2 lb – Sirloin Steak
1 cup – Onion, chopped
1 cup – Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 loaf – Italian bread, 1″ cubes
2 1/2 cups – Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
2 cans – Evaporated Milk
4 large – Eggs
1/2 tsp – Salt
1/2 tsp – Ground Black Pepper
Slice the sirloin steak into thin 1/8″ slices. In a skillet, brown the sirloin and vegetables in the olive oil and set off to the side. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs and spices. Line Dutch Oven with parchment paper and place the bread cubes into the Dutch Oven. Evenly spread the meat and vegetables over the bread. Pour egg mixture evenly over the meat, vegetables and bread pressing the bread with the back of a spoon to help the bread absorb the liquid. Top with the cheese. Cover and bake 350 for about a half hour or until mixture has set. Then serve
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ cup hot water
- Preheat dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into 10 inch dutch oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, light brown sugar. Stir with a fork or whisk to mix.
- Pour in milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the dutch oven.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients: light brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix with fork until combined. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Pour hot water over the entire cake, make sure you are covering the entire cake evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!