- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ cup hot water
- Preheat dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into 10 inch dutch oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, light brown sugar. Stir with a fork or whisk to mix.
- Pour in milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the dutch oven.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients: light brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix with fork until combined. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Pour hot water over the entire cake, make sure you are covering the entire cake evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
1 CUP SUGAR
6 TABLESPOONS FLOUR
8 TABLESPOONS BAKING COCO (UNSWEETENED)
DASH OF SALT
4 CUPS OF MILK
16 TABLESPOONS BUTTER
MIX THE FIRST 4 INGREDIENTS AND ADD TO A 3QT DUTCH OVEN OR LARGER. ADD THE MILK AND BUTTER. HEAT OVER COALS, STIR CONSTANTLY UNTIL GRAVEY IS THICK. SERVE HOT OVER BISCUITS OR ANYTHING!!!!!!!
THANK YOU TO KEITH AND JUDY MURLOCK FOR THE RECIPE!!!!!!!!
2 c. ricotta
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling top
2 large eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 c. marinara
2-3 large zucchini, cut into large strips using a Y peeler and drained on paper towels
3 c. shredded mozzarella
Preheat 12″ dutch oven to 350°. In a small bowl, make ricotta mixture: Stir together ricotta, Parmesan and eggs and season with salt and pepper.
Spray and coat bottom and side of dutch oven with oil. Spread a thin layer of sauce in a bottom of dutch oven and layer with two layers of zucchini noodles, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella.
For the final layer, make a zucchini lattice. Layer zucchini noodles side by side at a diagonal in the dutch oven. Lift the bottom half of every other noodle and lay another zucchini noodle across diagonally. Repeat until top layer is full.
Sprinkle with more Parm and season with salt and pepper.
Bake until totally melty and zucchini is cooked through, 30 minutes.
Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
•5 Russet potatoes
•8 slices thick-cut bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
•2 jalapeno (diced)
•1 large yellow onion (sliced)
•2 tablespoons minced garlic
•seasoned salt and pepper
•3 – 4 cups lemon-lime soda (7-up, Sprite, etc.)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 11 x 13 casserole dish.
2. Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices and place in cold water. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until begins to brown. Add in the jalapeños, onion and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the bacon is three-quarters done and the vegetables soften. Remove from the heat.
4. Drain the water from the potatoes. Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Cover with half of the bacon mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Repeat using the remaining ingredients. Pour the soda over the mixture until it reaches about half-way up the dish.
5. Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and stir. Replace the foil and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes more, or until the potatoes are tender. Season again, if desired. Serve hot.
Cover the dish will help keep the liquid from boiling out, but if needed you can add more liquid while baking if the potatoes do not have enough moisture to soften.
This recipes comes from Chuck Wagon Chef Kent Rollins. http://www.kentrollins.com/
1/2 cup white sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain all purpose flour
3 oz of chocolate chips
3 oz of Reese’s cup chips
1 cup of nuts(pecans or walnuts)
1 store bought pie shell
Mix all ingredients together and put into a store bought pie shell. bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Pie should be golden brown but jiggle a tad in the center. It will set when it cools. The pie is very rich!!!!!!!