- 2 pounds Pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon Ground sage
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic; crushed
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Rub over tenderloin. Place ½ cup water in Dutch Oven place tenderloin in Dutch Oven
- Cook at 325 F 1 to 1 1/2 hours. ( I used a remote temp probe to watch internal temp)
- 45 mins before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, soy sauce.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last 30 mins of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust: add more glaze, add more heat to the top for 2-5 minutes until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side
1 cup plus 1 tsp Vegetable oil
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 cup onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 (15-ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 (11-ounce) can Mexicorn
1 to 2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
12 ounces shredded chicken
10 (8 inch) corn (not flour) tortillas cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a 12 inch dutch oven, heat oil. Add carrots, celery, onions,garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, corn,chili powder, cumin, chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 mins, stirring occasionally.
In a skilled add the cup of oil and heat oil and fry the cut tortillas until crispy.
After soup has simmered for 45 mins add sour cream and 1 1/4 cup of chesse, stir until chesse is melted and mixed.
Serve with left over cheese and cilantro and tortillas on the side so people can add what they want.
4 hot dog buns, cut in 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup miniature marshmallows
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
5 graham crackers, coarsely crushed (about 1/2 cup)
2 Tblsp milk
Prepare hot dog pieces by leaving uncovered for several hours to dry and crisp or by baking in 325 degree oven for 7 minutes.
Lightly oil or spray 10 inch dutch oven; line with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
In medium bowl lightly beat eggs.
Stir in sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup milk, vanilla and nutmeg; set aside.
Place bun pieces in prepared dutch oven.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each of the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Evenly pour milk mixture over all.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.
Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the remaining marshmallows.
Bake 5 minutes more or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
In small saucepan heat and whisk remaining 1/4 cup of marshmallows, remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 2 Tblsp milk over low heat until melted and smooth.
Drizzle over bread pudding.
Cool 20 minutes before serving.
Serve warm, makes 9 servings.
Our Spring DOG will be at Lake Anna State Park March 3 in the campground at site 30 at 5 pm
Part 2- group is broken into small groups to cook dishes
Part 3- eat the food the students cook
Part 4- clean and maintenance of cast iron